How to Use Social Media on Oct 1 to Promote the Health Insurance Marketplace
The Health Insurance Marketplace is about to open up to millions of Texans on October 1!
You can actively use social media to encourage your friends, family, and online networks to check out the new Marketplace at healthcare.gov to see what kind of health care options for which they may be eligible. Twitter and Facebook are great ways to reach out to those you know to tell them about this amazing opportunity.
We have put together a social media toolkit that can help us all spread the word. But, it will only work if we all take part. Below are some highlights from the toolkit, plus more, that you can share with your friends, family, and online community.
Use the hashtag "#LetsEnrollTX" for all your tweets about enrollment.
There will be a live tweetchat from 12 - 1 p.m. CST on Tues, Oct 1 to discuss the Health Insurance Marketplace open enrollment. @MomsRising and @TXWellHealthy will host a discussion about it and you can join using the hashtags #GetCovered and #LetsEnrollTX.
Example tweets for October 1:
- "The new Health Insurance Marketplace is here! Explore your new, low-cost health care options at www.HealthCare.gov #LetsEnrollTX"
- "RT if you're thrilled that millions of Texans now have new, affordable health care options available to them starting today! #LetsEnrollTX"
Example Facebook post:
- "Exciting news: The Health Insurance Marketplace is now open! The Marketplace provides Americans with a new way to compare and shop for health insurance that fits their budget. You can visit healthcare.gov for more info. What does getting covered mean to you? Let us by know commenting below."
- Use several Marketplace images we made to make your posts more visual and prominent. Just right click on each image, and save it to your desktop.
POST A PICTURE OF YOURSELF HOLDING A SIGN
- Post a picture of yourself holding a sign that reads "Getting covered means ________." Please complete the sentence with what coverage means to you and your family! The words on the sign should be in big letters and easy to read. Tweet with hashtag #LetsEnrollTX and share on Facebook, too.
- For those of you who plan to be at enrollment sites and have the opportunity to speak to Texans getting enrolled, you can take their picture or video too. Or interview your friends and family! Go to our toolkit to find out more.
SEND US WHAT YOU HAVE
- If you have completed photos, videos, interviews, please email what you collect to [email protected]. We will share all the information on a Tumblr blog, as well as use it for various other media purposes.
Posted by Liz Moskowitz, Texans Care for Children.