Hitting the Road for Obamacare (ACA) Education
With open enrollment for new affordable coverage (that starts as soon as Jan. 1, 2014) through the health insurance Marketplace beginning October 1, the CPPP health team is busy traveling and speaking to local forums across Texas to help community groups learn about what’s coming up. Some places we talk for 30 minutes, sometimes for an hour….Take a look at the kinds of information we have been sharing at the links below–
- CPPP Slides for Texas CHIP Coalition 8 23 2013: Deeper Dive into New Marketplace
- ACA 101 for Texas: New Marketplace 2014 – and the Texas Uninsured Coverage Gap (The Affordable Care Act Boot Camp, Tarrant Co. and North Central Texas ADRC/AARP — 8/29/2013)
- Medicaid Update: Medicaid expansion; Medicaid – Marketplace interactions; State Budget; Consumer issues in Medicaid Managed Care (Texas Health Care Stakeholders Meeting, 8/13/2013)
- ACA 101 for Texas and the Uninsured Coverage Gap (Confused About The Affordable Care Act? Tyler Area Chamber of Commerce, 8/12/2013)
- ACA 101 for Texas and the Uninsured Coverage Gap (Affordable Care Act: Where are we now? San Antonio Metropolitan Health District, 8/8/2013)
This piece is cross-posted from the BETTER TEXAS Blog by the Center for Public Policy Priorities. The CPPP health care team will be posting several times per week leading up to Oct. 1. as part of their “Countdown to Coverage” blog series.